Schneider Electric’s Enhanced Data Center Operations Services Improve Operational Efficiencies and Reduce Risk
MISSISSAUGA, ON — Schneider Electric has expand its data center solutions portfolio with the introduction of enhanced, digitized versions of its Critical Facility Operations offers for cloud & service providers and large data centers operators. These new offers make Schneider Electric a leader in digitized data center operations as well as a single source for all Critical Facility Operation services from the IT space to the supporting infrastructure in the facility.
- Increased operational efficiency: implementation in real-world customer environments have resulted in operational efficiency improvements of up to 15 percent.
- Lower risk and maximum uptime: qualified personnel operate and maintain the data center using powerful digital tools to ensure process standardization and minimize risk of human error.
- Efficient IT planning: ‘hands-on’ tactical workflows are supported by centralized expertise for full lifecycle management of IT assets.
“At Schneider Electric, we believe that digitization of data center operations will result in reduced risk of human error, improved efficiency, cost savings, and increased transparency in the data centers we operate around the globe for our customers,” said Anthony DeSpirito, Vice President/General Manager of Data Center Operations, Schneider Electric. “As a single vendor for all critical operations in the data center gray and white space, Schneider Electric removes the silos frequently seen between facilities and IT staff, eliminating accountability issues and reducing risk.”
Critical Facility Operations for data centers is a customized offer with pricing based on size of facility, number of assets, and optional services selected. The offer includes:
- 24×7 infrastructure operations and maintenance; emergency preparedness and response
- Vendor management and oversight
- Daily walk-through and monitoring, change management, and continuous systems optimization
- Data center infrastructure engineering for strategic IT hardware capacity planning, power and cooling optimization, and monitoring day to day operations.
- Rack and stack for standards-driven IT asset lifecycle management services, including installation, moves, adds, changes, and asset decommissioning.
- Smart hands for on-site technical support, fault identification and resolution, and preventative maintenance.
Critical Facility Operations is available globally. The enhanced digitized solution is available today in North America and coming soon to the United Kingdom, Ireland, and China, with other regions to follow.
About Schneider Electric: Schneider believes that access to energy and digital is a basic human right. They empower all to do more with less, ensuring Life Is On everywhere, for everyone, at every moment. Schneider provides energy and automation digital solutions for efficiency and sustainability. They combine world-leading energy technologies, real-time automation, software and services into integrated solutions for Homes, Buildings, Data Centers, Infrastructure and Industries. They are committed to unleashing the infinite possibilities of an open, global, innovative community that is passionate with their Meaningful Purpose, Inclusive and Empowered values.
E-mail me your stories, industry news tips, and press releases.