Sanmina Unveils Heavy-Duty Server Rack
SAN JOSE, CA — Sanmina Corporation has introduced a new heavy-duty IT and industrial rack that dynamically supports 4,500 lbs of equipment. As part of the Sanmina Rack IQ product line, it is designed to support extreme equipment load requirements for data centers as demand for high-density computing and storage products increases within enterprise and hyperscale datacenters, in response to continued growth in cloud computing. For industrial and energy applications, the new rack includes NEMA 12 and NEMA 4 ratings, making it ideal for high performance indoor/outdoor equipment. Key features of the Rack IQ HD IT rack include:
- UL-certified static loads of up to 10,750 lbs: Certified by Underwriter Laboratories (UL) to support extreme static loads as high-density equipment continues to add weight within datacenter and industrial racks.
- Industry-leading 4,500 lbs dynamic rating: Dynamically supports up to 4,500 lbs of equipment on Electronic Industry Associations (EIA) rails in a 45U cabinet that is only 600 mm wide. This enables organizations to conveniently move and ship full equipment racks to datacenter destinations.
- ISTA 3B compliant: Complies with requirements from the International Safe Transit Association (ISTA).
- Industry-leading Zone 4 earthquake rating: Provides a higher seismically-rated solution compared to other rack offerings available today.
- Flexible design: Designed by Sanmina’s Mechanical Systems Division (MSD), the new rack can be built to custom sizes or configured according to customer requirements to meet specific needs.
“As more high-density computing and storage products are added to datacenters and growth in Industrial IoT technology is resulting in more sophisticated industrial equipment, the loads are exceeding what current IT racks can handle,” said Hossein Saadat, EVP of MSD at Sanmina. “The new Rack IQ HD solution from Sanmina is one of the first certified 4,500 lbs IT racks that addresses these challenges and provides a platform to support future requirements as weight loads continue to increase.”
Sanmina is a global leader in the design and development of IT racks for electronics systems across a range of industries, partnering with enterprise and hyperscale data center customers from initial concept, through integration and final system assembly. Sanmina offers industry-leading manufacturing capabilities and the capacity to deliver proven, tested solutions of all sizes, anywhere in the world, with state-of-the-art facilities worldwide.
About Sanmina: Sanmina Corporation is a leading integrated manufacturing solutions provider serving the fastest growing segments of the global Electronics Manufacturing Services market. Recognized as a technology leader, Sanmina provides end-to-end manufacturing solutions, delivering superior quality and support to Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) primarily in the communications networks, storage, industrial, defense, medical, automotive and energy industries. Sanmina has facilities strategically located in key regions throughout the world.
Sanmina’s engineering and design services include enclosures, thermal management, structural analysis, modeling, verification and cabling. Our design and manufacturing expertise includes decades of experience in custom cabinet designs for both indoor and outdoor applications, using materials like stainless steel, mild steel and aluminum. Sanmina also provides pre-designed modular and configurable systems for IT, data center, networking, computing and storage applications. Our global footprint provides enclosure manufacturing services for industrial, medical, capital equipment, self-service, multimedia and gaming applications in all major regions of the world.