Sami Badri Shares Results from Credit Suisse CIO Survey: Public Cloud Services Spend is Set to Double [video available]

DULLES, VA— Some research analysts characterize the last five years of data center industry development as largely focused on growth and technological cloud deployment. This will likely remain the focus globally, with Europe and Asia growing faster than North America. However, as the North American market matures, business optimization is a key strategic focus for management teams. Frequent CAPRE contributor Sami Badri, Senior Equity Analyst at Credit Suisse sought to blow these trends wide open with his keynote “Five Data Center Industry Trends to Drive Investment Returns for the Next Five Years” at CAPRE’s recent 2020 Digital Infrastructure Outlook in Dulles, VA, part of which honed in on the results of the Credit Suisse semi-annual CIO Survey, which surveys the CIOs of about 80 relatively large institutions, to find out what CIOs are planning to do with their network infrastructures. Below we summarize Badri’s remarks. Question 1: What percentage of CIO IT Budgets do you expect to go to Public Cloud services? What do you think the budget will be three years from today? “Our key finding is that less than a fifth of CIOs plan to spend 20% or more of their budgets on public cloud services,” revealed Badri. “Despite this high growth and this huge industry drivers we’re seeing, the remaining 80% remains in enterprise data centers or the private cloud. But this is going to change rapidly in three years. The expectation is that 2/3 of all…