Nutanix Unveils Xi Cloud Services
SAN JOSE, CA — Nutanix, Inc., a leader in enterprise cloud computing, has unveiled Xi Cloud Services, a new suite of offerings designed to create a more unified fabric across different cloud environments. Xi Cloud Services will provide IT teams the freedom to run their applications on the optimal platform, not restricted by technology limitations. Xi Cloud Services is comprised of five distinct offerings at launch, including Xi Leap, a native extension of the Nutanix Enterprise Cloud Platform providing disaster recovery as a service.
Through Xi Cloud Services, Nutanix makes it easier for companies to integrate cloud services into their multi-cloud deployments, whether by natively extending their Nutanix environment beyond the boundaries of a traditional datacenter or by finally gaining the visibility and insight into their infrastructure deployments across platforms to monitor costs and ensure compliance.
Nutanix Leap is a turn-key and integrated service that rapidly and intelligently protects the applications and data in a Nutanix environment without the need to purchase and maintain a separate infrastructure stack. From within Prism, customers can simply select VMs for protection and efficiently set up protection. The selected VMs will then be replicated in the background, ready to be recovered in the event of a site failure – all within the same management tool as an organization’s broader infrastructure deployment.
“DR is deceptively difficult and yet critical for any IT organization to manage perfectly so essential data is not lost,” said Dr. Gary Mattei, Director of Technology at Avon Grove in the official press release about the announcement. “Nutanix Xi Leap solves all of these challenges for us, allowing us to upload our data directly into the DR solution while providing a single view across our entire infrastructure. Xi Leap gives us confidence that our data is safe no matter what happens.”
Xi Cloud Services
Nutanix Xi Cloud Services is comprised of five distinct services at launch, including Leap, which address the growing challenges of the multi-cloud era. These services bring together not only the ability to standardize workflows and harmonize operations across environments, but also the ability to blur the lines between clouds, seamlessly utilizing applications and data across multiple clouds for a variety of data protection, application delivery and edge locations requirements. Offered as part of Nutanix Enterprise, customers can take advantage of:
- Xi Leap: Cloud-based disaster recovery (DR) services to protect your critical business applications and data. Leap services are enabled directly in Nutanix Prism for a completely integrated public + private cloud experience.
- Xi Frame: Unique desktop-as-a-service platform built from scratch specifically for cloud deployment, now integrating role-based access control.
- Xi Beam: A multi-cloud cost optimization and governance tool that allows customers to reduce cost and enhance cloud security across platforms, public and private.
- Xi Epoch: An observability and monitoring solution for multi-cloud applications that provides a Google Maps-like view of applications to determine performance bottlenecks and availability issues in any cloud environment.
- Xi IoT: An intelligent edge computing platform that performs real-time processing of sensor and device data pipelines, and moves intelligently filtered data back to a customer’s cloud platform of choice for long-term decision-making, allowing them to eliminate the complexity of deploying and managing edge locations while deriving more value from data at the edge.
“As we move into the multi-cloud world, a fundamental challenge for all businesses is running IT applications seamlessly across platforms,” said Dheeraj Pandey, CEO of Nutanix. “It has been our mission since we were founded to make infrastructure invisible to our customers so they can focus on their applications, not where the applications reside. Xi Cloud Services is the next evolution in that journey as we help our customers achieve invisible, together.”