CAPRE’s Mid-Atlantic Industrial Real Estate & E-Commerce Distribution Summit
Breakfast, Registration & Networking
Keynote Address: The Washington, D.C, Virginia and Maryland Market Overivew, Including Review of Consumer Buying Patterns
- Q1 2017 industrial real estate market data suggests continued strong momentum
- Analysis of political / consumer trends
- Analysis of consumer behavioral trends
- Transportation companies responding in today’s environment
- Ramifications of Chapter 11 filings in retail
- How healthy retailers are adjusting portfolios
- The impact of Amazon
- Analysis of the capital markets arena
- Regional outlook
Kevin McGowan, President, McGowan Corporate Real Estate Advisors (Via Skype)
Mid-Atlantic Industrial Real Estate 360: What is the Amazon Effect on Overall Leasing, Development & Investment?
- The rise of e-commerce & infrastructure improvements: How are industrial real estate firms responding?
- Analysis of new product and absorption in the national and regional markets
- Analysis of capitalization rates on recently-closed deals
- Regional economic development & infrastructure: Incentivizing major infrastructure improvements that will accelerate supply-chain activities and benefit industrial real estate assets
- Regional market analysis: new development, investors, capital sources & rising end-users
- Aside from Walmart and Amazon facilities at $50+ million, where does private capital invest?
- What are the differences in industrial ownership over retail (roof and structure? Leasing costs?)
- Growing number of niche inline retailers seeing success, with no retail footprint (Wayfair, Overstock)
- Shift to new retail footprints – more industrial, less storefront – driven by the online business model
- Shifts in the retail world have made 1031 trades into long term net leased traditional retail locations less appealing. As such, is industrial the new retail?
Moderator: Mark Glagola, Senior Managing Director – Capital Markets, Transwestern
Robert Filley, Senior Director, Marcus & Millichap
Russell Held, Vice President, Economic Development, The Port of Virginia
Chris Massey, Senior Vice President, Brennan Investment Group
Robert Provost, Founding Partner, Longpoint Realty Partners
Paul Underwood, Senior Vice President & Fund Manager, REALTERM LOGISTICS
Mid-Atlantic Regional Market Analysis: Emergence of New End-Users, Development, Investment, Capital Sources in the Face of Increasing Operating Costs
- How is e-commerce changing the game in terms of design and construction?
- What will be the impact of driverless trucks on the supply chain, and when will we see this innovation take hold?
- Analysis of power demands and power usage in today’s industrial buildings: E-commerce requires increase in power usage to operate conveyor systems
- Analysis of parking issues for employees: As E-commerce continues to accelerate, the region will see an increase in employment to support online transactions
- What types of traditional industrial tenants are driving demand in today’s economy?
Erik Binkowski, Senior Director, Institutional Property Advisors
Reda M. Duffy, Senior Property Manager, Prologis
Mark Healy, Vice President – Customer Solutions, Barrett Distribution Centers
Tom Krueger, President, National Fulfillment Services
Mark Levy, Managing Director, JLL