CAPRE’s Data Center Round Up for September 9, 2019
Check out the latest in deals, development and disruptive technology in the data center industry for September 9, 2019:
- Nexedi selects Hydro66 for Open Compute Project colocation services for new IaaS cloud infrastructure platform: Hydro66 Holdings Corp. is pleased to announce Nexedi as a further client addition to the Enterprise colocation data center business. Headquartered in France, Nexedi is an innovative Enterprise solution provider focused on delivering open source software and hardware to solve complex business applications issues (such as Enterprise Resource Planning and Customer Relationship Management) in a very short time and with maximum flexibility. Customers include Airbus, Mitsubishi, PSA and SANEF amongst many others. Hydro66 owns and operates an award-winning colocation data center in Sweden specializing in High Performance Computing (“HPC”) hosting. The Company hosts third party IT infrastructure, utilizing 100% green power, at amongst the EU’s lowest power prices and within an ISO27001 accredited facility.
- StoredTech Acquires Premier One IT Solutions: StoredTech, a New York-based managed services provider (MSP) that specializes in making companies more efficient, innovative and profitable with technology, is proud to announce the acquisition of Premier One IT Solutions. Premier One has provided managed services to the Albany, N.Y. area since 2013. Specializing in professional, managed and cloud services, Premier One offers solutions such as IT consulting, proactive network monitoring, remote support and email filtering. With this acquisition, Premier One clients and customers will now have access to the sizeable team of StoredTech IT professionals. New services available to Premier One clients include longer service hours, 24/7 support and hardware support. Plus, Premier One clients will continue their partnership with the same tech team. Premier One IT Solutions is an MSP based in Albany, New York, providing a variety of IT services since 2013. Premier One specializes in professional services, proactive managed services and cloud network solutions.
- Cologix Adds New 5 MW Data Center in Vancouver: Cologix, a network-neutral interconnection and hyperscale edge data center company, today announced the opening of its new more than 42K SQF data center with 5MW of power. VAN3 is located at 2828 Natal Street in Vancouver and is the region’s largest network neutral data center with direct connectivity to the Cologix operated carrier hotel at 555 Hastings. VAN3 offers connectivity to Amazon Web Services® Direct Connect, Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft® Azure ExpressRoute, IBM Cloud and Oracle FastConnect. To meet growing demand for additional capacity and robust interconnection at the digital edge, Cologix continues to expand its presence in Canada. Vancouver is the third largest city in Canada, has a strong digital content and media industry and acts as a gateway to all Asian markets.
- Cyxtera Federal Group Receives GSA IT Schedule 70 Contract: Cyxtera Technologies, the secure infrastructure company, announced today that its subsidiary, Cyxtera Federal Group (CFG), received the U.S General Services Administration’s (GSA) IT Schedule 70 contract IT 70 GS-35F-0511T. In addition to availability on SEWP V, NETCENTS-2 and ITES-SW, inclusion on GSA IT Schedule 70 gives local, state, and federal governments easy access to an array of Cyxtera solutions that enable enhanced cybersecurity, cloud-first initiatives, digital transformation, and improved investigative analytics. These solutions can be purchased via GSA Advantage or directly from Cyxtera Federal Group. GSA IT Schedule 70 is one of the largest, most widely used IT procurement vehicles across the federal government.
- Western Digital Announces Technology Leadership Transition: Western Digital Corp today announced that Martin Fink, executive vice president and chief technology officer, will be transitioning to retirement and moving to an advisory role with the Company. Mr. Fink will continue to report to Steve Milligan, chief executive officer, and advise Mr. Milligan and the executive team on matters relating to data center architectures, including RISC-V. Dr. Siva Sivaram, executive vice president, Silicon Technology and Manufacturing, has been appointed to the newly created role of President, Technology and Strategy, effective immediately. In this expanded strategic role, Dr. Sivaram will oversee Western Digital’s key technology initiatives and corporate strategy. Dr. Sivaram has more than 35 years of experience in semiconductor technology and manufacturing. Prior to joining Western Digital in 2016 following the acquisition of SanDisk, he held executive positions at Intel and Matrix Semiconductor. Additionally, he was the founder and CEO of Twin Creeks Technologies, a solar panel and equipment company.