CAPRE’s Data Center Round Up for October 4, 2019
Check out the latest in deals, development and disruptive technology in the data center industry for October 4, 2019:
- Equinix Close to Acquiring Axtel’s Mexico Data Centers: Bloomberg is reporting that Equinix is in advanced talks to buy Mexican telecom firm Axtel SAB’s data centers for around $200 Million USD. This acquisition, while far from final and far from a done deal, would give the real estate investment trust a foothold for expansion in Latin America’s second-largest economy. According to sources familiar with the matter, Axtel would plan to keep a minority stake while Equinix would take on a majority. Neither representatives from Equinix nor Alfa SAB, the parent company of Axtel, are responding to requests for comment.
- Cologix Adds Additional 15 MW To Longueuil Data Center Campus In Montréal: Cologix, a network-neutral, interconnection and hyperscale edge data center company, has announced the expansion of its data center campus in Longueuil, just outside of Montreal in Québec. Cologix offers high-density, purpose built space and infrastructure with low latency connectivity to a rich ecosystem of more than 100 cloud and network providers in Montréal. In Longueuil, Cologix provides an interconnected campus and now has an additional 15 MW open and operational. Known as MTL10-H, the Longueil facility offers connectivity via high-count, diverse, scalable fiber and direct access to Montreal at Cologix’s MTL3 facility, located at 1250 Rene-Levesque West and 875 St-Antoine at the two Montréal Carrier Hotels.
- HiveIO Expands Distribution Agreement with Arrow Electronics to North America: HiveIO is strengthening its distribution agreement with Arrow Electronics, Inc. to include the North American market. The expanded collaboration comes one year after Arrow introduced HiveIO technology into its United Kingdom portfolio. HiveIO technology was well-received in the European channel community, resulting in a year of rapid growth. As a leading technology enablement company, Arrow provides innovative IT solutions to solve complex business challenges. The latest agreement with HiveIO adds Hive Fabric to Arrow’s North American portfolio of best-of-breed solutions that are designed to help businesses grow faster, operate efficiently, and transform in a dynamic market.
- FusionLayer Releases Hybrid Network Reference Architecture: FusionLayer has published a new reference architecture for managing hybrid enterprise networks that utilize Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft Azure, and Amazon Web Services. The new blueprint architecture is aimed at enterprises who have traditionally run Microsoft Windows Server and Microsoft Active Directory, as the foundation of their Information Technology business infrastructure, and are now migrating some of their business application workloads from on-premise data centers into public clouds. While public cloud computing has enjoyed tremendous growth during the last five years, much of the success can be attributed to start-up companies and shadow IT practices adopted at mid-sized and large enterprises. Shadow IT activities are typically caused by slow internal IT processes that make it attractive for individual business units to source their IT needs from external service providers as opposed to the internal IT departments.
- InterVision Completes Acquisition of Fotis Networks: InterVision, a leading IT strategic service provider, today announced the acquisition of Fotis Networks, an IT professional services and consulting firm. With this transaction, InterVision strengthens its engineering talent and expertise providing professional services to clients in the commercial, healthcare, education, and government (federal, state and local) sectors. Headquartered in Boston, Fotis’s staff of engineers, subject matter experts, project managers, and technical writers have deep knowledge and experience managing projects from inception, architecture and design to build-out, replacement or relocation. Fotis is an InterVision Service Delivery Partner and has provided professional services to our clients for nearly two years. Areas of expertise include Enterprise Infrastructure and Security; Cloud Computing; Information Assurance and Compliance (NIST, FISMA, RMF, FedRAMP, NENA, HIPAA); Cybersecurity Assessment and Authorization Services; Disaster Recovery Solutions / Business Continuity Planning; Data Center Design / Build-Out / Relocation; and Unified Communications and Telephony.
E-mail me your stories, industry news tips, and press releases.