CAPRE’s Data Center Round Up for October 3, 2019
Check out the latest in deals, development and disruptive technology in the data center industry for October 3, 2019:
- Databank Closes Acquisition of Lightbound: DataBank has closed on its acquisition of Indianapolis-based LightBound, a colocation, Internet, voice, network and cloud services provider. This transaction expands DataBank’s growing portfolio of edge data centers in secondary markets with the addition of two enterprise-class facilities with over 56,000 gross square feet of colocation space and 9.5MW of installed UPS. The data centers are located in the downtown Indy Telcom Center, the most densely interconnected location in the Indianapolis metro area and provide the highest quality Tier III capacity in the market. DataBank has divested the LightBound fiber/CLEC assets to Everstream, a business-only fiber network provider. The divestment will allow DataBank to focus on its core data center and managed services offering and allow Everstream to enter the Indianapolis market, serving the needs of existing LightBound fiber/CLEC customers as well as new enterprises in the area.
- Schneider Electric Launches Climate Positive Data Centre Portfolio: Schneider Electric has calculated that 50% of global CO2 emissions could be eliminated by 2040 if digitally enabled energy saving measures were implemented in just half of existing buildings, in tandem with existing global electrification and decarbonization initiatives. At the company’s Innovation Summit, taking place today and tomorrow, Schneider Electric, the leader in digital transformation of energy management and automation, called on the more than 3,500+ customers, partners, suppliers and influencers to work together to make this a reality for the improved efficiency of their businesses and a more sustainable planet and development for all. Buildings, data centers, infrastructure and industry are responsible for around 70% of the world’s energy use.
- Legrand and DASAN Zhone Solutions Announce Joint Marketing Agreement: Legrand and DASAN Zhone Solutions, Inc. (DZS) announce an agreement to jointly market DZS’s Passive Optical LAN (POL) solution, FiberLAN and Legrand’s complete range of network connectivity, physical support, power and thermal management solutions. Under the terms of the agreement, Legrand and DZS are together targeting the smart building market with a complete solution set that is designed to provide end customers with the infrastructure and equipment needed to deploy a full POL solution. DZS’s FiberLAN solution leads the industry for Enterprise GPON based Optical LAN solution (OLS) delivering comprehensive connectivity for any Local Area Networking requirement. DZS’ FiberLAN™ solution provides the highest density access switches available in the industry – helping save money and reducing the space required to deploy a fiber enterprise network.
- NTT launches in the Americas as Dimension Data Americas, NTT America and NTT Security rebrand as NTT: NTT Ltd., the world-leading global technology services provider, announces Dimension Data Americas, NTT America and NTT Security will today formally join 28 other companies and brands from 70+ countries and regions worldwide, rebranding as NTT, the global $11 billion technology services company. The Americas region of NTT Ltd. will operate 51 offices. When launched on July 1, 2019, NTT Ltd. brought together 40,000 people from brands including Dimension Data, NTT America and NTT Security into one company. The company already partners with more than 10,000 clients around the world, including leading organizations across the following sectors: financial services, pharmaceuticals, telecommunications, energy & utilities, manufacturing, automotive and technology. In becoming NTT, Dimension Data Americas, NTT America and NTT Security will be able to offer clients an unparalleled range of skills and capabilities across many technologies.
- STULZ Upgrades DX models of CyberAir 3 DX series – Delivering Greater Efficiency, Increased Cooling Capacity: STULZ has taken energy efficiency to the next level with the launch of the CyberAir 3PRO DX series. Offering exceptional Energy Efficiency Ratios and Airflow Efficiency Ratios, this enhanced range of precision cooling units ensures maximum reliability for mission critical applications, as well as achieving significant savings in energy and costs. Providing the energy-saving advantages of indirect free cooling, the Stulz GES hybrid systems are available with outputs in excess of 100 kW. These new developments offer all output levels – from 30 kW to 130 kW and the provision of cooling systems with tandem compressors – capable of handling partial loads- potentially increasing further energy savings. The range also includes units with integrated fans, available with standard ASD (Downflow) and ASU (Upflow) air conduction.
E-mail me your stories, industry news tips, and press releases.