CAPRE’s Data Center Round Up for November 26, 2019
Check out the latest in deals, development and disruptive technology in the data center industry for November 26, 2019:
- Tarkan Maner joins Nutanix as Chief Commercial Officer: Nutanix has appointed Tarkan Maner as Chief Commercial Officer, where he will lead Nutanix’s global business development and corporate development efforts, with a focus on strategic partnerships, alliances, system integrators, and service providers. Maner’s responsibilities will include leading critical hybrid cloud-focused strategy and product teams including Nutanix’s core virtualisation platform (AHV), software-defined networking, and some of the key hybrid cloud services: End User Computing (Xi Frame), Database-as-a-Service (Era), DR-as-a-Service (Xi Leap), Xi Partner Network (XPN), and Solutions Engineering.
- AT&T Extends 5G Leadership Across the US: AT&T is putting the pieces in motion to bring 5G service to tens of millions of consumers and businesses this year, ahead of plans to offer nationwide 5G in the first half of 2020. In the coming weeks, their 5G network will launch over low-band spectrum in the Indianapolis, Pittsburgh, Providence, R.I., Rochester, N.Y., and San Diego market areas. We also plan to launch in several more markets, including Boston, Las Vegas, Milwaukee, New York City, San Francisco, Birmingham, AL., Bridgeport, CT., Buffalo, NY, Louisville, KY, San Jose, CA and others.
- Zoom Expands with Equinix to Future-Proof and Scale Its Video-First, Cloud-Native Architecture: Zoom Video Communications will leverage Platform Equinix to expand its globally distributed footprint in order to support the company’s worldwide growth objectives. Zoom has become the leader in meeting solutions and unified communications, dramatically changing the way people work. As a key element to accelerate its global expansion strategy, Zoom was in search of an industry-leading partner with whom they could securely deploy, directly connect and effectively scale the company’s digital infrastructure. Equinix’s global platform allowed Zoom to meet its rapid growth requirements with consistency, scalability and security. Zoom also selected Equinix to directly connect with key business verticals, specifically the financial services and government sectors, while at the same time connecting to the wide range of network service providers and Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) digital business partners operating within the global ecosystem of companies on Platform Equinix.
- Packet Brings its Bare Metal Edge Cloud and Sprint’s Curiosity IoT Platform to EdgeConneX in Detroit: Packet, a bare metal cloud service provider, will deploy its platform at the EdgeConneX Edge Data Center in Detroit, Michigan. The site will enable expansion of the Sprint Curiosity IoT platform, the first fully virtualized wireless Evolved Packet Core (EPC) deployment, which runs on Packet’s bare metal edge cloud infrastructure. The combination of Packet’s Edge Cloud and the proximal data center solutions provided by EdgeConneX will benefit Detroit’s growing autonomous vehicle and manufacturing sectors. Digital disruptors now have a hyper-local, scalable cloud and wireless framework at their fingertips. Packet’s flexible bare metal automation, rapid “go anywhere” deployment model, and carrier-grade networking has positioned it as a leader in the edge computing market. With EdgeConneX providing access to high quality “in region” connectivity in Detroit, Enterprises will be able to take advantage of Packet’s bare metal Edge Cloud, as well as, Sprint’s Curiosity IoT product and IoT ecosystem for low-latency compute and wireless for real-world edge applications.
- vXchnge Awarded Best Tech Startup in Tampa For Third Year Consecutively: vXchnge,was selected as the top company for the “2020 Best Tech Startups in Tampa” by the Tech Tribune for the third consecutive year. The Tech Tribune research process for the award is focused on privately held companies with several factors, including revenue potential, leadership team, brand/product traction and competitive landscape. vXchnge began as a company with a mission to deliver performance driven data centers backed by world class uptime and reliability. All vXchnge data centers are architected to deliver service and transparency, helping support corporate and industry compliance requirements, through their platform in\site. Their business intelligence platform, in\site, is the most awarded in the industry. Customers’ extend their business decisions by utilizing the platform’s real-time reporting, and robust analytics for planning and governance.