CAPRE’s Data Center Round Up for January 7, 2020
Check out the latest in deals, development and disruptive technology in the data center industry for January 7, 2020:
- Dell Launches New Era of PCs and Displays with 5G, AI and Premium Design for Work and Play: Dell Technologies has unveiled new products and software across its premium Latitude, XPS and displays portfolios to help people innovate, collaborate and accomplish more in the next decade. Featuring artificial intelligence (AI), 5G and innovative design, the latest Dell Technologies’ PCs and displays make work and play more seamless, intelligent and enjoyable. Dell has introduced the Latitude 9000 series, designed with the finest details in mind to be smaller and thinner than ever before, with a larger display and a superior experience. The new Latitude 9510 delivers what business users seek: the longest battery life of any 15-inch business PC with a target of up to 30 hours2, 5G-ready design3, powerful audio features and intelligent solutions that increase productivity.
- Introduction of 5G-Enabled Value Added Services to Boost APAC Telecom Sector Revenues, finds Frost & Sullivan: Frost & Sullivan’s latest research, 5G in Asia-Pacific, Forecast to 2025, discusses in detail the progress of implementing 5G in the APAC region, and presents an in-depth country-wise analysis of the market, along with comparisons against global benchmarks. The research also highlights the various use-case scenarios for 5G, identifies the upcoming growth opportunities in this space, and provides strategic recommendations and forecasts for the sector through to the year 2025.With stiff competition eroding margins in the telecommunications space, operators have been looking for additional revenue streams to boost their bottom line. The implementation of 5G gives operators the opportunity to offer new services to both enterprises and consumers. Recent research by Frost & Sullivan predicts that the new value-added services could potentially become a bigger contributor to sector revenues than basic connectivity services, driving the 5G market in the Asia-Pacific region to reach $124.8 Billion USD by 2025.
- Emerson Named ‘Industrial IoT Company of the Year’ for Third Year in a Row: Emerson has been named the “Industrial IoT Company of the Year” by IoT Breakthrough for an unprecedented third consecutive year. The honor recognizes Emerson’s commitment to helping customers in industries such as chemical, life sciences, power, and oil and gas define and execute a practical and successful path to digital transformation. Emerson recently introduced a new, dedicated digital transformation business that combines Emerson’s leading sensing technology, operational analytics and broad services capabilities to deliver targeted digital solutions to customer challenges. IoT Breakthrough, which received more than 3,700 nominations for the 2020 competition, recognizes companies, technologies and products worldwide that set themselves apart in IoT categories ranging from industrial and enterprise, to consumer and connected home. Winners are selected by a panel of senior-level professionals experienced in the IoT space, including journalists, analysts and technology executives.
- Kaloom Announces Hitendra Sonny Soni as SVP of Worldwide Sales & Marketing: Kaloom, an emerging leader in fully automated data-center and edge networking software, has appointed Hitendra Sonny Soni as Senior Vice President of Worldwide Sales and Marketing. With over 25 years of experience in sales, business development and marketing in the data center and cloud networking, converged infrastructures and management solutions, Sonny is taking the lead on Kaloom’s global sales and marketing operations. During his extensive career, Sonny held executive positions at companies spanning from inception to publicly traded entities including Snaproute/Infoblox, HPE, CliQr/Cisco, ServiceMesh/DXC, VCE, Accelerated Networks/Calix and Xylan/Alcatel-Lucent. Sonny is also credited with establishing his own consulting company focused on providing GTM/RTM, sales and early customer acquisition strategies to innovative technology startups.
- Western Digital Receives 2019 IoT Edge Computing Excellence Award: Western Digital announced that the Western Digital iNAND IX EM132, the company’s first 64-layer 3D NAND e.MMC embedded flash drive designed specifically for industrial and IoT devices, has received a 2019 IoT Edge Computing Excellence Award from IoT Evolution World, the leading web site covering the Internet of Things (IoT) marketplace. This award recognizes a select number of companies emerging as industry leaders in the growing edge computing space. Awarded companies are recognized for their products or solutions that are enabling advanced IoT deployments, including real-time computing, data capture and store, analytics, AI and machine learning at the endpoints and the edge.