CAPRE’s Data Center Industry Round Up for May 31, 2019
Check out the latest in deals, development and disruptive technology in the data center space for May 31, 2019:
- H5 Data Centers Announces Phase Two Expansion at its Phoenix Data Center: H5 Data Centers has announced a 25,000 SF expansion of its Phoenix colocation facility located at 2600 W. Germann Road in Chandler, AZ. The second phase development at the 180,000 square-foot data center adds needed infrastructure capacity to the data center campus. This expansion is part of a broader commitment H5 Data Centers has made to its Phoenix customers and the growing demand in Arizona. The project will be complete later this year
- Alibaba Cloud Unveils New Products and Features for Global Markets: Alibaba Cloud, the data intelligence backbone of Alibaba Group, today unveiled more than 10 new products and features for global markets as well as a new accelerator program connecting technology partners with the Alibaba ecosystem. In line with its commitment to champion small businesses, Alibaba Cloud also launched an upgraded service support campaign designed for small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs). SME customers will now be able to benefit from greater access to resources and support from Alibaba Cloud. Key benefits of the enhanced support and service include dedicated one-on-one presale consultations, 24/7 technical support, a doubling of complimentary tech support tickets and swifter after-sales support.
- Palo Alto Networks Introduces Prisma, a New Approach to Cloud Security: Palo Alto Networks, provider of a next-generation security platform that empowers enterprises, service providers and government entities to secure their organizations by enabling applications running on their networks and by preventing breaches that stem from targeted cyber attacks, has unveiled a new approach to Cloud Security — Prisma. Prisma Access secures access to the cloud for branch offices and mobile users anywhere in the world with a scalable, cloud-native architecture, blending enterprise-grade security with a globally scalable network. Prisma Public Cloud provides continuous visibility, security and compliance monitoring across public multi-cloud deployments, while Prisma SaaS is a multi-mode cloud access security broker (CASB) service that safely enables SaaS application adoption.
- Datacenter.com Signs EU Code of Conduct for Energy Efficiency: Datacenter.com, the international channel focused carrier-neutral data center-as-a-service company, is proud to announce their status as participant of the European Code of Conduct on Data Centres Energy Efficiency. European data centers that sign this agreement are obliged to reduce their energy consumption. For Datacenter.com, signing this agreement as a participant means that they commit to periodic energy reporting and implementation of certain practices from the Best Practice guide.
- Entoro Capital to Purchase Blockchain-Based Data Storage Platform & Marketplace from Leonovus: Leonovus has engaged Entoro Securities of Houston, Texas to act as the lead placement agent for the offer and sale of the Company’s digital security called GAAX, built on the Galaxa blockchain -based data storage platform and marketplace. Entoro is an investment bank and advisory group for digital securities. “We believe this is an excellent opportunity for investors in the data center or related businesses as the Galaxa project will take cloud computing to the next level of service globally,” said James C. Row, CFA, Managing Partner of Entoro Capital. The project will be listed on Entoro’s proprietary offerings platform OfferBoard.