CAPRE’s Commercial Real Estate Headlines for November 22, 2019
Check out the latest deals and developments in commercial real estate for November 22, 2019:
- CBRE Named Top 50 Company for Environmental, Social & Governance Matters: CBRE Group, Inc. (NYSE:CBRE) today announced that it has been named to the Investor’s Business Daily list of Top 50 Best ESG Companies. CBRE is #23 and the only commercial real estate services firm on the list. The IBD Top 50 Best ESG Companies list is comprised of companies with strong environmental, social and governance ratings from MSCI ESG Research and high IBD Composite Ratings, reflecting broad strength in earnings and share-price performance. Earlier this year, CBRE was included in the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI World). CBRE was also ranked #15 on Corporate Responsibility Magazine’s list of the 100 Best Corporate Citizens and was recognized as one of the Barron’s 100 Most Sustainable Companies.
- Juniper Square Announces $75 Million USD Series C to Modernize the Commercial Real Estate Industry: Today Juniper Square, the market-leading investment management platform for commercial real estate, is announcing $75M in Series C funding, led by Redpoint Ventures with participation from Ribbit Capital, Felicis Ventures, and Zigg Capital. Juniper Square’s mission is to bring more transparency and less friction to the $16T commercial real estate market via software. Customers manage the ownership of nearly $800 Billion USD of real estate through Juniper Square’s software, representing nearly 5% of the total market capitalization of this massive asset class. By automating investment workflows and centralizing vital transaction, investment, and investor information, Juniper Square enables transparency where blind trust used to suffice, and migrates time spent by partners from managing data to using that data to grow and optimize return on investments. With a new influx of investment, adding to a $25 Million Series B round raised less than a year ago in 2018, Juniper Square is poised to continue its growth while also transforming the nature of the commercial real estate industry, addressing pain points faced by both General and Limited Partners.
- Orlando Opportunity Fund Management Launches Investment Fund for Real Estate and Startups in Opportunity Zones: Orlando Opportunity Fund Management has announced that the launch of its Opportunity Zone Fund in Central Florida, Orlando Opportunity Fund, will occur on November 18, 2019 during a press conference at the University Club in Orlando. Committed to leveraging the collective experience of its formidable entrepreneurial and real estate investor team and tax incentives, Orlando Opportunity Fund is focused on producing investor returns, while impacting communities through investments in commercial real estate and early-stage tech companies.
- KETTLER breaks ground in celebration with first development in FL: KETTLER, one of greater Washington, D.C.’s leading real estate development and property management companies, takes foothold in Central Florida with the groundbreaking of 18.44 acres of land purchased from The Celebration Company, marking its first development in the state. KETTLER, known for its experience in master-planned communities, mixed-use and luxury multifamily developments, plans to construct a 379-unit, midrise apartment community – Delamarre – in the heart of Celebration. Construction has commenced with a target opening date of year-end 2020. Leadership from KETTLER and community partners gathered on Nov. 19 to celebrate this milestone development for Celebration and Osceola County. A building design inspired by Art Deco, Delamarre will be a walkable apartment community comprised of four, elevator-served four-story buildings offering a variety of modern floorplans and upscale finishes. The two-story clubhouse, resort-style pool and landscaped promenade will be the focal point of the community. Delamarre is designed for today’s active lifestyle complete with a state-of-the art fitness center with studio, resident lounge and cafe.
- LMC Announces Groundbreaking of The Fynn Apartments: LMC has announced the groundbreaking of The Fynn, a contemporary apartment community located within the Elmhurst City Centre, one block west of the North York Corridor. The Fynn, which will feature 212 apartment homes contained within an eight-story midrise, is situated within one of the most vibrant and actives areas of the neighborhood. More than 40 dining options and 275 retail merchants are within walking distance or a short drive. The amenity-driven community will also cater to the increasingly prevalent remote-working resident with a variety of work-from-home suites. First move-ins are anticipated for Jan. 2021.
E-mail me your stories, industry news tips, and press releases.