CAPRE CONFERENCE REWIND: CPG Leads ESG Discussion at CAPRE Data Center Industry Forecast
CAPRE CONFERENCE REWIND: CAPRE 2020 DIGITAL INFRASTRUCTURE INDUSTRY FORECAST
On January 30, 2020, CPG’s Jeff Ivey led a high level panel discussion at CAPRE’s data center industry forecast in Dulles, VA.
HOW ARE END-USERS DRIVING ESG PRACTICES AMONG DATA CENTER PROVIDERS?
With environmental, social and corporate governance (ESG) rising in the ranks of public discourse, the use of renewable energy and corporate responsibility is becoming an increasing priority among those looking to house their data. The use of clean energy is now moving beyond competitive advantage to a basic requirement, while social returns is no longer a compromise to financial returns. How critical has ESG become to customers? What other changes in customer demands can we expect in the next 5 years?
Proposed Discussion Points:
* What are the top three critical factors that customers consider when choosing a vendor?
* How have customer demands changed in the prior years and what will be an increasing requirement in the future?
* What is the site selection process for those interested in renewables?
* Which countries serve as role models when it comes to green data centers and what can the U.S. learn from them?
* Which efficiency goals have been made? Have any been met or on track to reaching its goal?
* Moderator: Jeff Ivey, VP, Strategic Development, CPG
* Svein Atle Hagaseth, Chief Sales Officer, Green Mountain AS
* Craig Deering, Director, Design & Construction, CyrusOne
* Troy Hill, Director of Data Center Operations, Iron Mountain
* David McCall, VP of Innovation, QTS Data Centers
* Tim Williamson, CEO, FreedomWorks, LLC