Ashburn South? CRE Welcomes 300+ Data Center Real Estate and Technology Infrastructure Executives to Second Annual Greater Atlanta & Southeast Data Center Summit
by Josh Anderson
ATLANTA, GA—CapRate looks forward to welcoming 300+ of the most active data center real estate and technology infrastructure executives in the Greater Atlanta region and Southeast United States to the Georgia Aquarium on August 24, 2017 for the Second Annual Greater Atlanta and Southeast Data Center Summit. Key themes of the day include trends, patterns, opportunities, and challenges, including:
- What are the implications of new consolidators emerging in the data center arena?
- What types of industry changes might we expect in 2017?
- How will political changes around the globe impact the data center industry in 2017?
- What are the new innovations relative to connectivity and data center design?
- What is the global outlook in 2017 for data center investment and development?
- Why is there such a huge valuation differential between the “haves” and “have nots” – i.e., scale, cash flow, strategic relevance?
The daylong event will offer comprehensive analysis of the market opportunities and challenges from 40+ senior-level speakers across thirteen hours of informational panels and networking. The schedule for the day is as follows:
- 6:00am – 7:30am | Exhibitor Set-Up
- 7:30am – 8:00am | Registration, Breakfast & Networking
- 8:00am – 8:05am | Opening Remarks by Brian Klebash, Founder & President, CapRate Events
- 8:05am – 8:30am | Morning Keynote Presentation: State of the Data Center Industry, Current Demand Levels and the Evolving Types of Supply (Cloud vs Enterprise)
- 8:30am – 9:15am | Data Center Industry’s Next Chapter: Who Will Survive and Thrive?
- 9:15am – 10:00am | Case Study: How to Reduce Costs without Reducing Risk
- 10:00am – 10:50am | Advantages and Disadvantages of The Data Center Operation in Europe vs. The Americas: An Evolving Tenant Base, Data Sovereignty and Global Connectivity
- 10:50am – 11:20am | Networking Break
- 11:20am – 12:10pm | Best Practices for Site Selection: Analysis of the Impact of the Edge, Power, Connectivity & Incentives on Site Selection
- 12:10pm – 12:45pm | Networking Lunch
- 12:45pm – 1:35pm | Best Practices for Upgrading Legacy Facilities and Future-Proofing the New Data Center: Are Providers Investing in Energy Efficiency or Reliability and Control?
- 1:35pm – 2:15pm | End-User Discussion: “Changing the Way of Thinking about the Cloud,” Decision-Making Analysis, Impact of the Cloud Offerings & Challenges over the Next 12 Months
- 2:15pm – 3:05pm | The Impact of Connectivity Innovations on Data Centers: Analysis of Network Reconfiguration to Support Evolving Needs
- 3:05pm – 3:15pm | Networking Break
- 3:15pm – 4:15pm | Greater Atlanta Data Center Arena: Analysis of the Last 12 Months, ‘Super’ Cloud Demand, the Pace of Change, and the Unique Developer Standpoint
- 4:15pm – 5:00pm | Forward Thinking: Data Center Investment and The Capital Markets Arena for 2017
- 5:00pm – 5:30pm | Afternoon Keynote (TBD)
“It is an honor to be invited once again by CapRate Events to participate as a panelist for one of our Southeast US region’s data center industry’s most important and well-attended events,” said panelist Timothy Kiser, Owner, Colo Atl, a JT Communications Company. “I look forward to leading the important discussion on the state of the Atlanta economy, data center market, industry demand and more with my well-respected peers, and utilizing my own colocation experience to lead what will be a thoughtful and engaging discussion.”
“We’re reaching a level of data center activity in Atlanta that we haven’t seen in the past. Join CAPRE’s expert speakers on August 24 to learn more,” said Rob Plowden, Partner, Eversheds Sutherland (US) LLP.
CapRate’s Second Annual Greater Atlanta and Southeast Data Center Summit is part of the nation’s largest regional data center conference series, The National Data Center Summit Series. The first program, The Greater New York Data Center Summit was produced in November of 2011. Over the last six years, the popular conference has been produced on more than 50 occasions in the United States. In 2016, CAPRE launched The International Data Center Series, with programs in Toronto, Montreal and Western Europe.
- For telephone registration or questions, contact Ronnie Niederman | 646-829-7233
- For sponsorship/exhibitor information, email firstname.lastname@example.org | 917-460-3572